Thursday, July 10, 2008

I had a great day today!

I had a great day today and the reasons are as follows-
  1. I was experiencing a sense of loss after coming to this place, and not being gainfully occupied (well, I mean in real true sense). I needed to know more about a particular department/ work which will assist me in doing my own job better. And let me clarify it that it is not one of those 'nice to know things'----it is supposed to be my bread and butter business. So, anyway, I wrote a mail to this bog shot asking for a time to meet with him so that he can help me out. I dint think that he will reply---oh I was having a tough time getting to see people who are far less important and accomplished. But to my surprise, this guy replied in a matter of 5 minutes, and I was asked to come and see him. Sigh....what a relief! Went and met him and few other ppl. Man, I am in for some really exciting times professionally. I am supposed to be meeting few people tomorrow who I will be assisting and be assisted by in some of challenging assignments, which are important for our organization. So tomorrow onwards no more sad things. I am gonna have funnnn!
  2. In a long time now, today was the time when I was at peace with myself. There is something which has disturbed me in past few months, and I was not able to overcome it despite my best conscious logical attempts. Today I started my day by telling myself that I am not gonna give a damn about it. And there was a strange thing which came to my mind. I just thought 'I would have done hundred times better if I would have such intense expectations from myself and not others'. I mean what was I trying to do---at best I was just making a fool of myself. I hope I have left that stuff behind! No I HAVE left that stuff behind. Period.
  3. I have recently been introduced to Western Classic music. Have heard some stuff by Mozart...then Four Seasons...and have got some more to listen to now. I also got introduced to Jethro Tull and I really like their music.
  4. I was reminded of an old lady who I use to meet during Sunday afternoons in Johannesburg on my way to local flea market. She was a lovely lady. She had cancer. And she was happy to see me and receive something from me.
  5. I read some good stuff on an another blog and it gave me some persepective on creating a personal brand.

More later.

Seeya

No comments: